4.2 Out of 5 stars (Based on 29 reviews)
The ideal trek for first-timers, the Hampta Pass Trek is an absolute treat for everyone who is looking for a Himalayan adventure! Unlike most treks that start from a remote village, the most accessible point for the Hampta Pass Trek in Manali, at an altitude of 14,100 feet. This trek has something for everyone – the adventurous first-timers and the seasoned hikers.
Though the Hampta pass Trek isn’t a breeze, it poses fewer challenges than most other treks. Its appeal lies in the fact that it connects the picturesque valleys of Kullu and Lahaul along with providing amazing landscapes and natural foliage to the trekker. The flora and fauna are also seen in abundance – such as the rare Himalayan birds.
This trek doesn’t cross the pass and head over to the Lahaul region as the road connecting Lahaul to Manali is under heavy snow, early in the season. Instead, we return from Manali. This trek is possible in the months of May and early June also. Unlike the usual Hampta pass Trek route, which only opens up in late June.
The trekkers who have already been to this Hampta Pass trek can go for the Valley Of Flowers Trek which is based in Uttarakhand and the starting point of the Valley of Flowers Trek is beautiful Joshimath village.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Manali to Chika (3100m) 4-5 hr
Your Hampta pass trek will start with a drive from Manali to Jobra, alongside the Bias and Tons rivers.The road also passes through some lovely pine forests. While on this trek, you can take in the panoramic view. The Hampta Pass trek, with its narrow valley trek, resembles a funnel.
the average temperature of the trek is around 5 to 6 celcius even though trekkers plan it in monsoon season that is the reason, it is called thrilling and daring adventure trek.After a few moments of admiring the landscape, continue to the meadow. The hike today will take between 4 and 5 hours. From Jobra to Chika, the trek’s walking path is 9 kilometres long. Chika camp site is a broad green field.The Rani River flowing in the middle makes this place perfect for setting up the tents. Overnight in tent.
Chika– Balu Ghera (3630m) 4-5 hrs
After breakfast, we’ll embark on a mild hike that will take us through the forest for the most part. We will walk to BaluGhera. As we continue hiking, it will take us about 4 – 5 hours to reach BaluGhera from Chika. And the hike is about 7 kilometres long.As you walk, you will begin to notice the naturalness and truth of being in the Himalayan region as you see the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan mountain chain as the Dhauladhar ranges emerge. The snow-capped Himalayan peaks will be visible in the distance. After another hour of hiking, we’ll arrive at the meadows, where we’ll pitch our tents for the night.
Balu Ghera – Hampta Pass(4300m) – Sia Goru (3900m) 7-8 hr
In Todays Hampta pass trek, we will move towards the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass, from here you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier. The place is usually windy and cold so the group of trekkers don’t stay here more. Here you can discover scenes and calmness that you feel from the top.
However mostly trekkers love to spend their time at this campsite and this is their favourite campsite because it is surrounded by greenery with an astonishing valley’s view of Lahul. And here, you get to experience the barren landscape of the Himalayas in the Lahul and Spiti Valley. Overnight in Camp.
you can enjoy mesmerizing views from the peak point. Then we will move down to our camp site in Siagoru and it takes approximately 2 hours. but you will have to be prepared while moving down because the path is slippery filled with rock . so this can be harmful for your knee while decending.
Sia Goru – Chatru (3300m) – Chandra Tal (4300m) 6-7 hr
Today We will start our trek from SiaGoru to Chatru. We have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley.The inner Himalayan circle’s PirPanjal ranges emerge ahead of you and dominate the entire landscape before you reach Chatru’s camp site. Spiti Valley provides a stunning view of a high-altitude cold desert. Not only that, but you can also see wildflowers and small rivers that run alongside the road, which are both beautiful.
We may also assume that this is primarily a trekker’s dream landscape. Today’s walikg trails can take anywhere from 6 to 7 hours to travel. Chatru is a major crossroads for routes leading to Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass, and Spiti.From here, it totally depends on the road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions. Cahndra Tal lake is equally outstanding and stunning as the most famous Pangong Lake. Overnight in Camp.
(Return) Chandra Tal – Manali (2000m)
From the Chandratal camp site, we’ll drive back to Manali. The average driving time will be between 6 and 7 hours. We will freshen up after arriving in Manali late in the afternoon, and our beautiful Hampta pass trek will come to an end here.
- Transport (Chikha–Chandratal to Manali)
- Accommodation during the Hampta pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Hampta pass trek
- Trekking Equipments (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Hampta pass trek
- Memories of Life Time of Hampta pass trek
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Manali
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. The Hampta pass trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. June – October are the best time for Hampta pass trek.
- A. Hampta Pass point is at 4300m in Hampta pass trek.
A. Manali is around 300 km from Chandigarh by road. By Air, you can reach Kullu which is 50 km away from Manali.
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° in Hampta Pass Trek.
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the Hampta Pass Trek.
- A. There will be almost 20-30 People in Hampta Pass Trek.
- A. There will be 2 guides in Hampta Pass Trek.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner in Hampta Pass Trek.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
A. In Manali, you will get mobile networks. In other locations at Hampta Pass Trek, you won’t have any network.
A. During the Hampta Pass Trek, you will get electricity only in Manali.