Kedartal (also known as Shiva’s lake) is a glacial lake situated at an altitude of 4,750 meters (15,580 ft) in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas in India. The lake is fed by the snowfall over Thalay Sagar, Meru , Bhrigupanth and other surrounding peaks, and is the source of Kedar Ganga, which in Hindu mythology is considered to be Shiva‘s contribution to Bhagirathi(a source-stream of the Ganges). Kedartal, at a distance of 17 km from Gangotri, is a popular trekking destination.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Dehradun is the starting point of our adventurous trek to the glacial lake surrounded by lofty mountains and a beautiful environment. We will drive from Dehradun to Gangotri the base camp of Kedartal trek, enjoying the scenic journey crossing the abundant valleys inscribed by the mighty Bhagirathi River. Overnight say will be at Gangotri.
We will rest for the whole day for acclimatisation in the weather condition. Also, you can have a walk in the holy town dedicated to Goddess Ganga ‘Gangotri’. Gangotri, the origin of the River Ganges and seat of the goddess Ganga, is one of the four sites in the Chota Char Dham pilgrimage circuit. The views of the Himalayan ranges are astounding. Every year a huge number of pilgrims visit the Gangotri shrine. On reaching Gangotri, we will have some hot yummy dinner and enjoy the night stay.
Waking up to a chilled new morning we will have some delicious breakfast and start trekking towards Bhoj Karak which is located at a distance of around 8 kilometers. Trekking alongside the lush green valleys, pine and deodar trees, and the cascading Kedar Ganga will be an experience for life. Overnight stay will be at camps.
So, today is the 4th day of our adventurous journey and we are all set to trek towards Kedar Kharak which is located around 4-5 Kilometers from Bhoj Karak. Kedar Kharak offers a splendid view of snow-clad peaks and takes you through the birch forest to give you a clear view of the magnificent Bhrigupanth peak. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Kedartal – The Glacial Lake. Kedartal trek’s today’s walking trail will be a bit tiring but doesn’t make you feel tired as it offers an unparallel view of the hazy sapphire Kedartal with lofty Thalay Sagar peak in the background. After enjoying some views we will trek back to Kedar Kharak. Overnight stay will be at the camps.
Wake up early today so that you can capture and view the beautiful sunrise in the Himalayas, seems like the sun kisses the snow-clad mountains and wakes them up to a bright new morning throwing its golden glitter all over the white snow, lush green valleys, and rivers. The trek from Kedar Kharak to Gangotri will be a walk of around 8 Kilometers. Capturing all these moments will head back to Gangotri where we will have an overnight stay.
After having some luscious breakfast we will bid adieu to the beautiful Gangotri and drive back towards Dehradun. This will be the end of our journey and we will carry back home the adventurous memories with us.
Per Person (Gangotri to Gangotri)
Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Accommodation during Kedartal trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of kedartal trek (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Kedartal trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of kedartal trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment for Kedartal trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Kedartal trek
- Memories of Life Time
- Transport Dehradun to Gangotri & Return (Rs. 2000 Additional)
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Dehradun
- Backpack offloading charges (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Food during transport from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Kedartal trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. May-June & October-November is the best time for Kedartal trek.
- A. Kedartal 4780m
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10° on kedartal trek.
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People is the size of each trekking group of kedartal trek
- A. There will be 2 guides in each batch of Kedartal trek.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Gangotri the base camp of kedartal trek you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During Kedartal trek, you will get electricity only in Gangotri.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Share This Trip
Day 01: Dehradun to Gangotri
Day 02: Acclimatisation Day Gangotri
Day 03: Gangotri – Bhoj Karak
Day 04: Bhoj Karak to Kedar Kharak
Day 05: Kedar Kharak to Kedartal to Kedar Kharak
Day 06 : Kedar Kharak to Gangotri
Day 07 : Gabgotri to Dehradun