On top of this, you get to experience the cold semi-arid terrain of Ladakh as you pass through the Markha village. The first two days of this trek will be for acclimatisation as it is necessary for a healthy and safe trek. In these two days, you can explore monasteries, museums, a fort, the Leh Palace and the local marketplace!
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
Arrive at Leh (3500m)
Meet at Leh and check into a hotel. Relax and acclimatize, followed by an overnight stay in hotel.
Leh Sightseeing & Acclimatization
Visit monasteries, palaces, museums, the local market place, Shey, Thiksey Gompa, and Stok Gompa. We will also hike to the Leh palace in the evening followed by leisure time. Overnight stay in hotel.
Leh – Zingchen (4300m) – Yurutse (4150m)
After an early breakfast, we will drive through the Spikut village to reach Zingchen. This is where our hiking with a moderate gradient will commence. The trail will pass through Rumbak village to reach Yurutse. Overnight stay in tents.
Yurutse (4150m) – Ganda La (4800m) – Skiu (3400m)
Today’s trek will start with an ascent to Ganda La – a steep climb with strong winds as we proceed to the later half of the day. The pass will offer you views of both sides of the valleys along with distant views of the Zanskar range. Next, we will descent to Shingo village after which our path leads us to a narrow gorge, leading towards Skiu – a place where rivers coming from the Markha valley and Shingo meet. Overnight stay in tents, at Skiu.
Skiu (3400m) – Markha (3800m)
A long but a moderate hike, passing by several streams, will take us to Markha village – a place with green fields and willow trees in between the cold, arid terrain. Overnight stay in tents.
Today we will come across a lot of streams and small rivers as we make our way through settlements and grazing grounds. While walking towards Hankar, we will come across the sight of the formidable Kangyatze Peak at 6400 m and right around here, we will camp for the night!
Thochuntse (4150m) – Nimaling (4700m)
A short walk will take us to Nimalain campsite – a place with an open valley, unrestricted brazing grounds and the Kangyatze Peak in the background. The constant wind blowing in this area may make it uncomfortable. If we wish, we can take a short trip today to the base camp of Kangyatse. Overnight stay in tents.
Nimaling (4700m) – Kongmaru (5200m) – Sumdo (3800m) – Leh
An early breakfast and a steep climb later, we will reach the top of the highest pass on our trail, the Kongmaru La at 5200 m. The destination will reward you the mindblowing sights of Nun Kun in the west and Saser Kangri in the North! We will get our cameras out here to celebrate and record our triumph and then descend to Sukarmo. From now, our trail is a flat walk along the river till we come to the road head at Sumdo from where we will drive to Leh.
(RETURN) Departure from Leh
- Accommodation during the Markha Valley trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges for Markha Valley trek
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.) for Markha Valley trek
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses) for Markha Valley trek
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Achievement Certificate of Markha Valley trek
- Memories of Life Time of Markha Valley trek
- Transport from your city to Dehradun and Return
- Service Tax Extra (4.5%)
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Full payment / Rs.5,000 for Trek / Rs.10,000 for Road Trip / Mountain Expedition to be made in advance at the time of booking
- Remaining / Rest Payment to be made before the start of the trip
- Booking can be made via NEFT / RTGS / SWIFT / Bank Transfer / Cash
- GST @ 5% will be additional on all the bookings
- Last Date of the booking will be closed before 07 days prior trip departure
- Cross confirm the dates and seat availability from our team via mail or call before any online booking/reservation
- If any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Full payment is required as per applicable airfare in case of flight booking
- In the event of cancellation of any trip/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified the same via mail at email@example.com
- Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice on mail and cancellation charges would be as follows
-Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
-Less than 10 days: No refund
- Refund will be processed within 10 working days after the cancellation date.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- No Refund will be payable:
-For any missed/unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason
-If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
-If any client decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in Itinerary or trip
-If the client is not satisfied with any service of the operator
- Aahvan Adventures OPC Pvt Ltd can change the Sequence of the day-wise tour program/Itinerary without any prior notice. It may Change depending upon traffic schedules/restrictions, landslides, flight amendments, weather conditions or any other travel related unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of cancellation of the group from our end due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will either transfer the booking in our other fixed departure trips or refund the complete amount except flight charges if any.
- Aahvan Adventures takes utmost care to ensure the safety of its members during any of the adventure programs. However, in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Aahvan Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes arising due to the above will be subject to the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which traveller would not be allowed to participate in any of the adventure programs.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage/ offloading charges during any trip, monument fees, camera fees etc.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels/flights, cancellation/re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. We would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Aahvan Adventures reserves right to dismiss any client from the tour due to any form of misbehaviour, unreasonable quarrel or physical/verbal assault affecting a client or any of the Ground Field Staff.
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. December-April
- A. Kedarkantha Peak 3800m
- A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
- A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall down to -10°
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
- A. 20-30 People
- A. 2 guides
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Sankri you will get BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
We believe that your opinion will guide us.
Per Person + 5% GST
Day 01: Arrive at Leh (3500m)
Day 02: Leh Sightseeing & Acclimatization
Day 03: Leh – Zingchen (4300m) – Yurutse (4150m)
Day 04: Yurutse (4150m) – Ganda La (4800m) – Skiu (3400m)
Day 05: Skiu (3400m) – Markha (3800m)
Day 06: Markha (3800m) – Thochuntse (4150m)
Day 07: Thochuntse (4150m) – Nimaling (4700m)
Day 08: Nimaling (4700m) – Kongmaru (5200m) – Sumdo (3800m) – Leh
Day 09: (RETURN) Departure from Leh