4.5 Out of 5 stars (Based on 82 reviews)
The Sar Pass is in Parvati Valley of Kullu district of Pradesh. Sar, in the local dialect, means a lake. Trekking, across the path from Tila Lotni to Biskeri Ridge, one has to pass by a small, frozen lake (Sar) and therefore the name Sar Pass Trek emerged. The trail takes you through the ordination of picturesque grasslands and forests conjugated with steep rocky terrain and snow patches. Sar Pass Trek route emerges from Kasol and goes through Grahan, Ratta Pani, Nagaru and Barsheni.
If you are a beginner then Sar pass Trek is the best option for you, as Sar pass trek is one of the treks which does not require any expertise for trekking, Sar Pass Trek difficulty level is Easy to moderate.
Exploring the Himalayas in India is an experience for Lifetime Memories and a melange of adventure and self-realization! You’ll not only uncover some beautiful places, but you will also rediscover yourself, the beauty of the majestic Himalayan ranges it’s not about the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.
Every mountain is reachable if you just keep walking towards it. If your Dreams start with adventure and trekking then this is the best way to get away from all that stress of noisy cities. Take the adventure of trekking to Sar Pass, a place that offers eternal beauty and adventure.
Take in the beauty of the enchanting vistas of Kasol and start walking towards Grahan Village through the verdant forest! The next day, the steeper trail into the forest will take you to the Nagaru Campsite. The enthralling views of Parvati Valley will leave you breathless. An early morning trek via Biskeri Thatch will take you to the magical Sar pass!
Sar Pass Trek best time is from June to September month and Sar Pass Trek duration is 6 days. Sar Pass Trek height is 4220 meters / 13850 feet and the total Sar Pass Trek distance is 46 to 48 km.
The nearest airport Bhuntar Airport (IATA code KUU) is at Bhuntar town, situated on NH21 about 32.3 km (20.1 mi) south of Rumsu and 10 km (6.2 mi) south of Kullu town. The airport is also known as Kullu-Manali airport and has more than a kilometer long runway. Kasol is 30 km from Bhunter, and Bhunter can be reached from Delhi by national highway NH 1
And if you have already trekked the Sar Pass trek you would also like the Kedarkantha trek, Chopta Tungnath trek, and Brahmtal trek.
sometimes its the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
We will arrive at Kasol Basecamp of Sar pass trek by morning. All the participants will undergo through registration procedure after Scrumptious breakfast and freshening up. Post lunch acclimatization small walks to Chalal village. Orientation and Briefing will be given in the evening. Re energizing overnight stay at Campsite.
With the Lively morning, Trek will commence at 7 am from Kasol to Grahan. The Sar Pass trek starts from the centre of Kasol and keeps to the true left of the Grahan nalah. The trail of Sar pass trek is easy and frequently used by locals. The trail goes through lovely pine forests. The ascend is gentle and easy. One can effortlessly cover much distance in a couple of hours.
After Grahan nalah the trail becomes rocky and climbing uphill, away from the right bank of the river. Buras (Rhododendrons) grows in the forest here. After a steep climb of about an hour, one reaches the village of Grahan, situated at the top. Overnight stay in tents at Grahan, with Delicious Dinner, which will help to reduce your tiredness.
On the 3rd day of Sar Pass trek the by morning we climb towards the north of camping ground at Grahan. Villagers can be seen using this path for Mung Thach. After walking for a while, one can see Mung Thach, Nagaru, and Sar Top on the mountain to the right. The trail also becomes steeper and leads into the woods. The slope becomes steeper and the path is confusing in some places. After crossing the forest we arrive to Mung Thach. Overnight in tents at Mung Thach, Where you and your friends can play games and create memories for life….
On the 4th Day of Trek from Mung Thach to Nagaru is a short but difficult part. The slope falls steeply to the valley. After crossing steep slope for a couple of hours, one finally reaches Nagaru campsite. Facing north, one can see magnificent mountains across the Parvati valley. Night is very cold due to the chilling wind. It is advisable to sleep early under the sky full of Sparkling Stars to avoid cold and to prepare for the next day early start.
On the 5th day we have to make an early start, as the climb is steep and tough through the snow. Sar pass and the elevated peaks of the Tosh valley are now visible, to see the view of shiny peaks is so mesmerizing, the beautiful shining Sun looks like gate of heaven the snow feels like you are walking on clouds. As one reaches the top, the view is exhilarating. After that the slide is the most fun and completely safe as long as some precautions are taken. The slide takes one as far as a kilometre to a gentler slope of the valley. Valley arrives
From Biskeri Thach to Barshaini the whole trail through dense forest and snow clapped beautiful mountains. The trek is very short and it will last for around 4 to 5 hours. After reaching Barshaini, we will move to Kasol and then by 5.00 PM, we will depart to represented destination. Here, Glorious Sar pass Trek Ends with enchanting and thrilling life time memories.
- Transport from Kasol to trek & Return
- Accommodation during the Sar pass trek (camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Campfire at Camps of Sar pass trek (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment of Sar pass trek (Crampons, Gaiters, tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader of Sar pass trek (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team of Sar Pass trek (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Safety equipment of Sar pass trek (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Achievement Certificate of Sar Pass Trek.
- Memories of Life Time
- GST 5% (Service Tax)
- Transport from your place to the Kasol
- Backpack offloading charges for Sar pass trek (Rs.250 Per Day/Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
capture the moment that captivates you
pack your bag for great adventure
- Day Bag(20-30 litre) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Back Pack(50-60 litre) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves,
- 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
Who questions much, Shall learn much.
- A. Sar Pass trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
- A. Best Time to visit Sar Pass Trek is from June to September month.
- A. Maximum Altitude point of Sar Pass Trek is Sar Pass which is situated at a Height of 4220 meters.
- A. Kasol is around 500 km from Delhi by road. So many Volvo Buses are well connected to Kasol and Delhi. The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport which is around 60 km away from Kasol City and from here you can easily get a cab to reach Kasol.
- A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 10° to 15° and during the night it will fall down to -0° in Sar Pass Trek.
- A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
- A. There is no provision for a bath on the Sar Pass trek.
- A. There will be maximum 20-30 People in one group during the trek.
- A. There will be 2 guides in one group to lead the trek.
- A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
- A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
- A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
- Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof windcheater/poncho.
- A. In Kasol City only you will get all mobile networks. In other locations, you won’t have any network.
- A. During the Sar Pass trek, you will get electricity only in Kasol.
Get Amazing Discounts..